OpenSym 2018, the 14th International Symposium on Open Collaboration, will take place in Paris, France on
August 22-24, 2018
We will be pleased to welcome, as keynote speakers,
- Kevin Crowston, Distinguished Professor of Information Science and Associate Dean for Research, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
- , founder and CEO of XWiki, recognized in the , in his report regarding the French software developer talents to The (former) French Minister in charge of the digital society, Fleur Pellerin.
We are looking for research submissions as well as industry and community submissions on topics relevant to
- IT-driven open innovation,
- open data,
- open education,
- open access and open science,
- collaborative “citizen” science,
- open law,
In addition to:
- free/libre/open source software and inner source,
- wikis and open collaboration, and Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects.
The research paper submission deadline is:
March 15th, 2018
PhD students, don’t forget that there is, before the symposium, a doctorial consortium on August, 21st. The OpenSym Doctoral Consortium provides an opportunity for doctoral students to present and develop their research in an interdisciplinary workshop, facilitated by a panel of senior researchers and peers.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Paris!