The research track is looking for submissions on, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- FLOSS development, including software engineering aspects
- FLOSS technologies, specially those taking advantage of being FLOSS
- FLOSS communities, including developer, but also user or business communities
- FLOSS and innovation, how both are related, and new innovation models based on FLOSS
- Motivation and incentives to FLOSS development and adoption
- Business models based on FLOSS and sustainability of FLOSS projects
- Legal aspects of FLOSS, including copyright and licensing
- Education and FLOSS
- Impact of FLOSS in specific domains or technological areas, and FLOSS adoption
- FLOSS development process, such as code reviews, joining process, etc.
The research paper submission deadline is April 13th, 2015 AoE (
March 29th, 2015).
Submitters will be notified on or before May 25th, 2015.
For submission instructions, please see the main call for papers.
Research Track Chairs
- Carlos Jensen, Oregon State University
- Gregorio Robles, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
Research Track Members
- Cornelia Boldyreff – University of East London, UK
- Roberto di Cosmo – Université de Paris VII, France
- Jesús M. González Barahona – Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
- Georgios Gousios – TU Delft, The Netherlands
- Robert Hirschfeld – HPI, University of Potsdam, Germany
- Nicolas Jullien – Institut Telecom Bretagne, France
- Stefan Koch – Bogazici University, Turkey
- Bjorn Lundell – University of Skövde, Sweden
- Jens Lincke – Universität Potsdam, Germany
- Paulo Meirelles – Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brasil
- Tetsuo Noda – Shimane University, Japan
- Carlos D. Santos Jr. – University of Brasilia, Brasil
- Walt Scacchi – University of California, Irvine, U.S.
- Maha Shaikh – London School of Economics, UK
- Megan Squire – Elon University, USA
- Sulayman Sowe – NICT, Japan
- Klaas-Jan Stol – LERO – University of Limerick, Ireland
- Anthony Wasserman – Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley, USA
- Stefano Zacchiroli – Université Paris Diderot, France
- Minghui Zhou – Peking University, China
- Franz Zieris – Freie Universität Berlin, Germany