OpenSym 2015 will take place at the Golden Gate Club of San Francisco, in San Francisco, California, U.S.A. The Golden Gate Club is located in the Presidio, a major San Francisco park (federally owned), with a beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge. The Presidio is located right next to the Marina, a lively residential and restaurant district of San Francisco.
Public Transport, Shuttles, by Car
San Francisco is well served by air.
- Within the United States, Southwest and other airlines serve San Francisco airport (SFO) and Oakland (OAK) well.
- Internationally, many deals are to be had, for example, Norwegian flies Oslo to Oakland (OAK) for a good price.
We recommend to rent a car to get around. Public transport is also an option. If you are coming by car, please note the following information about parking in the Presidio:
- Parking is paid 7 days a week in the Presidio at a cost of $7.00/day or $1.20/hour
- It can be difficult to get a cab to pick up you in the Presidio
If you are coming by public transport, you may find the free PresidiGo shuttle helpful.
- In the Presidio (park) there is only hotel, the Inn at the Presidio, and it sells out quickly.
- Fortunately, in the nearby Marina district, cheap motels abound.
- From low to high-end, San Francisco provides a wide variety of hotel and other accommodation options (e.g. AirBnB).
Sadly, WordPress is not a wiki. Please comment below with things you find out and we will add it to the page.